Vigo Technology Park
Address: Área Portuaria de Bouzas, s/n, 36208 Vigo, Pontevedra
Phone number: +34 986269700
General e-mail: email@example.com
Name: José Carlos García
Position: Technological Coordinator
Phone number: +34 986269713
Soft landing Facilites and Services:
- Offices (m2): There are offices available of 43 m2 in the business center or in the aerospace center in our park to share with other companies. Offices from 22 m2 to 43 m2 in the incubator centers or in the business center. The park also has industrial units of 720 m2 for rent and available plots.
- Meeting Rooms: A wide range of meeting rooms from 5 to 16 people are available. The park also has lecture rooms and a conference room for 120 people.
- Specific R&D infrastructures: Several scientific and technological centers focused in the main regional industrial sectors are inside or next to the park such as: the automotive sector (CTAG), the sea sector (CETMAR, The Oceanographic Institute and Sea Research Center IIE), the food sector (ANFACO-CECOPESCA), metal-mechanic sector (AIMEN), TIC´s (GRADIANT), the energy sector (ENERGYLAB), the aero-space sector (CINAE) and granite (Granite technological center). We are located near Vigo University and the scientific pole CITEXVI.
- Services: Public grants and incentives information, market and supplier’s information (ardan.es), meeting arrangement and general advice for set up.
The Technology Park of Vigo started to develop its activity in 2004 and has been promoted by The Free Trade Zone Consortium of Vigo (CZFV) http://www.zonafrancavigo.com. The CZFV is an institution founded in 1947, and deeply involved in in the economic development of the city of Vigo. In 2015, our business parks with 6,000,000 M2, housed 400 companies providing employment to almost 18,000 people. Our policy continues to be one of ensuring we can adapt to fit companies means, providing them with the best option, be it through leasing, purchase, or leasing with the option to purchase. In addition to this, our incubators provide those wishing to start up a new company with an excellent space backed by the support of our team of professionals that can provide you with all the advice you require.
Vigo is a port town on the center of an area of 650.000 inhabitants, located on the northwestern Atlantic coast of Spain, in the region of Galicia, and 20 km away from the Portuguese border. It is also the center of a European region that includes Galicia and North region in Portugal with a population of 6,000,000 inhabitants. Vigo has an excellent natural harbour, with 14,000 hectares of sheltered water protected from storms by the Cies Islands and the peninsula of Morrazo, so it is operational 365 days a year. It has the Vigo-Nantes Saint-Nazaire Motorway of the Sea. The city has also an international airport, railway station and highways that connects it with Portugal, Madrid and main European routes.
The Technological Park of Vigo is distrusted in three different technological areas. The first one located in Vigo. This part has reached the total occupation and it was needed the creation of a new area to satisfy the lack of plots for industrial use. The second and the third areas are now on commercialization phase. The overall occupation of the park nowadays is 65%.
The park actually has 550.000 m2 where companies can find plots, industrial buildings for rent or sale and offices for rent. Otherwise, our facilities are completed with two coworking spaces and four business incubators with 60 nets for new companies.
The care for the environment is one of the most important park values. For this reason, this park owns 278,000 m2 of green areas for public use, what means a 27% of all the avaliable land. These green areas are located in the park boundaries allowing integration into the environment and making the transition between the new developments and residential areas with a limited impact.
Our buildings have the Breeam seal of energy efficiency and ecological care for the environment. In addition, our sheds use solar energy and a geothermic energy study was done by the park, in order to use this energy by companies.
The last area, located in Nigran, has been designed for workers with several areas for commercial uses, support and public services as school, kindergarten or administrative matters.
- Business center.
- Meeting rooms, classrooms and auditorium.
- Direct connection to highway (to harbor, airport).
- Technological incubator 20 nets.
- Business incubators 35 nets.
- Industrial incubator with 10 nets.
- Two coworking spaces: one technological 382 m2 and another one in the business 262m2
- A specific building for aerospace research, in collaboration with the University of Vigo
- Several R&D facilities and test laboratories in the research and technological centers: CTAG (automotive sector http://ctag.com/), CETMAR (Sea sector http://www.cetmar.org/), Oceanographic institute IEO (Sea sector http://www.ieo.es/ and Sea research center IIM (Sea sector http://www.iim.csic.es/), ANFACO-CECOPESCA (food sector http://www.anfaco.es/), AIMEN (metal-mechanic sector http://www.aimen.es/), GRADIANT (TIC´s sector http://gradiant.org/), ENERGYLAB (energy sector http://www.energylab.es/), CINAE (aerospace sector) and Granite technological center (granite sector http://www.fctgranito.es/).
- Optic fiber ring.
- Green area.
- Gas station.