1. APTE members evolution:
The Association of Scientific and Technological Parks of Spain (APTE) had at the end of 2019, 64 members (52 Full members, 9 Affiliate members, 2 Collaborators and 1 Honour member).
It currently has 61 members (51 Full members, 1 Affiliate, 8 Collaborators and 1 Honour member).
In the next graph we show the evolution of APTE members from 1994.
Of these 61 members, the 51 Full members are operative. Next are their statistics at the end of 2019.
2. Companies and institutions evolution:
At the end of 2019, the number of companies and institutions located in the science and technology parks of APTE were of 8.130, with a decrease from the previous year of 0.3 %.
This graph shows the main sectors of the companies located in the Parks:
- Aeronautics and Automotive: 2,69 %
- Training and Human Resources: 3,67 %
- Information, Computing and Telecommunications: 26,21 %
- Medicine and Health: 7,06 %
- Agriculture and Feeding and Biotechnology: 4,39 %
- Electronics: 1,64%
- Industrial: 6,05%
- Engineering, Consultancy and Advising: 22,34 %
- Energy and Environment: 3,57 %
- Centres of companies: 1,09 %
- Technology centres and R&D: 3,28 %
The sector that agglutinates to the greater number of companies is Information, Computer science and Telecommunications with a 26%.
3. Employment evolution:
The volume of employment reached 178,535 workers at the end of 2019, a growth of 1.6% compared to 2018.
4. Turnover evolution:
The turnover of the companies in the parks has increased from 28,984 million euros at the end of 2018 to 29,907 million euros at the end of 2019. Growth was 3.2%.
5. R&D employment evolution
The following graph shows the evolution of the number of people who works in activities of Investigation and Devolopment (R&D) in the science and technology parks members of APTE.
During 2019 they were 37.217 the number of workers in R&D.
6. Investment in R&D in the APTE's parks:
During 2019, science and technology parks have invested 1,264 million euros in R&D activities, which represents an increase of 3.6% with respect to 2018.