1. APTE members evolution:
The Association of Scientific and Technological Parks of Spain (APTE) currently has 62 members (52 Full members, 1 Affiliate, 8 Collaborators and 1 Honour member).
Of these 62 members, the 52 Full members are operative.
In the next graph we show the evolution of APTE members from 1994.
Next are their statistics at the end of 2020.
2. Companies and institutions evolution:
At the end of 2020, the number of companies and institutions located in the science and technology parks of APTE were of 7,967, with a decrease from the previous year of 2%.
This graph shows the main sectors of the companies located in the Parks:
- Aeronautics and Automotive: 2,39 %
- Training and Human Resources: 3,73 %
- Information, Computing and Telecommunications: 27,11 %
- Medicine and Health: 8,35 %
- Agriculture and Feeding and Biotechnology: 4,06 %
- Electronics: 1,77%
- Industrial: 5,67%
- Engineering, Consultancy and Advising: 23,07 %
- Energy and Environment: 3,51 %
- Centres of companies: 0,90 %
- Technology centres and R&D: 3,16 %
The sector that agglutinates to the greater number of companies is Information, Computer science and Telecommunications with a 27%.
3. Employment evolution:
The volume of employment reached 184,508 workers at the end of 2020, a growth of 3.3% compared to 2019.
4. Turnover evolution:
The turnover of companies in the parks has decreased from EUR 29,907 million at the end of 2019 to EUR 27,244 million at the end of 2020. There has been a decrease of 8.9%.
5. R&D employment evolution
The following graph shows the evolution of the number of people who works in activities of Investigation and Devolopment (R&D) in the science and technology parks members of APTE.
During 2020 they were 38.212 the number of workers in R&D. 21% of total employment in the parks is in R&D.
6. Investment in R&D in the APTE's parks:
During 2020, science and technology parks have invested 1,242.24 million euros in R&D activities, which represents an decrease of 0.3% with respect to 2019.