1. APTE members evolution:
The Association of Scientific and Technological Parks of Spain (APTE) had at the end of 2017, 64 members (51 Full members, 10 Affiliate members, 2 Collaborators and 1 Honour member).
In the next graph we show the evolution of APTE members from 1994.
Of these 64 members, the 51 Full members are operative. Next are their statistics at the end of 2018.
2. Companies and institutions evolution:
At the end of 2018, the number of companies and institutions located in the science and technology parks of APTE were of 8.157, taking place an increase with respect to the previous year of 2,89%.
This graph shows the main sectors of the companies located in the Parks:
- Aeronautics and Automotive: 3,4 %
- Training and Human Resources: 2,7 %
- Information, Computing and Telecommunications: 25 %
- Medicine and Health: 7,5 %
- Agriculture and Feeding and Biotechnology: 5,7 %
- Electronics: 2,1%
- Industrial: 4,4%
- Engineering, Consultancy and Advising: 18,1 %
- Energy and Environment: 4,8 %
- Centres of companies: 1,4 %
- Technology centres and R&D: 4,5 %
The sector that agglutinates to the greater number of companies is Information, Computer science and Telecommunications with a 25%.
3. Employment evolution:
4. Turnover evolution:
The turnover of companies was 28.984 million Euros at the end of 2018. The registered increase has been of 7,2%..
5. R&D employment evolution
The following graph shows the evolution of the number of people who works in activities of Investigation and Devolopment (R&D) in the science and technology parks members of APTE.
During 2018 they were 34.291 the number of workers in R&D.