1. APTE members evolution:
The Association of Scientific and Technological Parks of Spain (APTE) currently has 58 members (50 Full members, 7 Collaborators and 1 Honour member).
Of these 58 members, the 50 Full members are operative.
In the next graph we show the evolution of APTE members from 1994.
Next are their statistics at the end of 2022.
2. Companies and institutions evolution:
At the end of 2022, the number of companies and institutions located in the science and technology parks of APTE were of 5,780.
This graph shows the main sectors of the companies located in the Parks:
- Aeronautics and Automotive: 3,1 %
- Training and Human Resources: 2,9 %
- Information, Computing and Telecommunications: 26,2 %
- Medicine and Health: 8 %
- Agriculture and Feeding and Biotechnology: 4,9 %
- Electronics: 2,8 %
- Industrial: 5,6 %
- Engineering, Consultancy and Advising: 18 %
- Energy and Environment: 18 %
- Centres of companies: 1,5 %
- Technology centres and R&D: 3,7 %
The sector that agglutinates to the greater number of companies is Information, Computer science and Telecommunications with a 26,2%.
3. Employment evolution:
The volume of employment reached 150,624 workers at the end of 2022.
4. Turnover evolution:
The turnover of the companies in the parks at the end of 2022 has reached 25,148 million euros.
5. R&D employment evolution
At the end of 2022, a total of 34,190 people were registered as engaged in Research and Development (R&D) in APTE member science and technology parks.
6. Investment in R&D in the APTE's parks:
During the year 2022, science and technology parks have made an investment in R&D activities of 1,538 million euros.